Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Curves, Curves, and curves

revisited.  I have been working on the quilt with curves I showed in my last post.   I decided since most of the fabrics were retro, salvaged and a few new pieces I would consider it my "green" quilt and use green to separate some of the blocks. 

Close up
While working on this piece I had, and still have many challenges. I was going to add a strip vertically between the blocks.  But, after I added a strip to each block and found that going this way I would create too many seams that would have to be matches.  So, I went to plan B,and offset each row by 2 inches and added a strip of a printed fabric on the end of every other block to make them all go together without having so many seams to match. I pride myself on doing things the easy way, so if I can't figure out an easy way to do it I'll put it aside and come back to it later.



I have a few more pieces of retro fabric that I'm thinking about cutting up and making another quilt.  If you have any ideas for a nice design for either of these pieces please let me know so I don't have to think so hard this time.



Retro Fabrics

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Carol. Very cool quilt and very smart to go with plan B. I can't even remember the last time I tried to match seams! And thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog so often. I really do appreciate it as I've been fairly overwhelmed with work. Such is life.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it was over a month ago since you left the comment. I apologize. I've been going to your site constantly, with not enough time to leave a comment or even reply to others. I am fulltime caregiver for my husband and consumed with lots to do. My best to you.

    ReplyDelete