Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Curves, curves, and more curves

I have been very busy gardening and exploring my skills in curve piecing. 
Curves have always intrigued me and have been a challenge that I have taken on aggressively.  Wow, what fun and surprises you find in this kind of piecing and sewing.  The blocks shown here are both hand and machine pieced.  I have been working on this for over 10 years on and off sporadically.  It was challenging to decide how to put this "mess" together.  There is no rhyme or reason to it except I tried to distribute the circles so that the same colors were not too close together.  Most of the fabric is retro pieces that were given to me by a dear friend that has since gone on to be with the Lord.  I can't wait to sew it together.
I haven't really decided if it will stay exactly the way it is on the design wall, or whether it will have strips dividing the blocks, or whether it will have a border. 
The quilt below is a newer piece started last month during my curve adventure.  This is a picture of a work in the beginning stages.  I have since backed this piece and it is ready for quilting, but I do not have a picture yet. 
I have also included a little corner of my flower garden that shows my first amaryliss plant.  Now back to the work still to be done.
 Decisions, decisions, decisions.

3 comments:

  1. Joyful - that quilt is definitely joyful. Nice job. I like the bubbles in one of the prints - I'd play with that idea for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge of taking on the curved piecing! and that is a fun piece with the women! Will brighten up a space with the cool vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've nearly convinced me to try curved piecing. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete