Thursday, January 3, 2013

Being Made Strong When we are weak

I know this subject has nothing to do with quilt making, but I thought I'd share some of my inner thoughts today and pray that if you have been here, or are still here you can know that you are not alone.
I never make a resolution for the new year, but each day in my life I strive to gain strength in the areas where I am weak. I have been reflecting on my life during the past year, and want to be a better person today than I was yesterday.
It is sometimes hard for us to admit that we have certain weaknesses and short comings.  And we don't have to share this. But I find that each time I share there is always someone else who is struggling with the same things and we help one another . 
I don't know how to love others that do not seem to measure up to my standards.  A wretch un-done am I.  I pray, O Lord, please help me to love others more than myself.
Help me to give wholeheartedly of myself to those in need and to those who are the unlovely; to those who I might find less-than.
I pray for forgiveness if I find myself looking down on others.
I do not want to think more highly of myself than I ought to, and I pray for cleansing and to filled with the Spirit of God that I may not judge another.  I'm also praying that I will do unto others as I would have them do unto me.
Now back to the quilts at hand.

4 comments: