Sunday, August 5, 2012

Designing and Redesigning with "Saturated Colors"


Modern Childs Quilt

Some of the pieces I am showing have been around for a little while, while I pondered how to finish them and some I just started recently.  I am having so much fun mixing and matching and contrasting fabrics.  I pulled out all the bright solids, dots, stripes, and beautiful multi-colored saturated pieces in my stash and I'm having a ball.  I've been like a kid in a candy store.  I have enjoyed the digging through fabrics that I haven't seen in a while or even had forgotten I had them.
 
I do store most of my fabrics in some kind of order.  For instance I collect black and white fabrics, they have a section, the African prints have a place, the solids have a place, the glitzy stuff that I only use in my art quilts have a home, the muslin and whites have a home. 
I do hope I can get back to posting a little more frequently.  I seem to feel that I need a picture or pictures to add to my post, so I delay posting because I hate uploading from my camera.  I think the pictures make the post more interesting.

Well, back to the drawing board, or should I say the ironing board.
For me it's the indoors or the patio in the summer as opposed to basking in the sun.
Have a safe and blesssed summer whatever you plan to do for fun.

Blogger has been real ugly to me.  I had the hardest time ever to post my photos, so they may look as if I have just thrown them on the page.

By the way, none of the pieces I'm showing here are complete. I like to work on more than one thing at a time.  I seem to lose interest very easily.  I'll finish all the tops and then I'll have a quilting marathon.  Some might call this ADD.  Lol!!!!!!

Modern Childs Quilt
My fabric print blocked for small art quilt
Wall Art Abstract
Modern Childs Quilt

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Carol. What a show! There's something about the solid colors and black and white that is so appealing to me. Love the free swinging designs too. And may you be given the strength it takes to care for others--I've been there. May God's blessings be upon you.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nadia, I appreciate your comments. God daily extends my patience and faith to endure. I thank Him for his mercy that endureth forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nothing like scrap quilts to relax the mind and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment on my blog. You need to enable your email address to get answers back to your comments. Go to Edit Profile and do it there and then scroll down and SAVE. If you need help please email me. My cutter is Accuquilt studio. I have a label list on my right side bar and Accuquilt is one of the labels. Click on it and scroll down and you will come to the post that shows the cutter.

    ReplyDelete