Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The tree quilt for my bedroom

is on its way to becoming a reality.  I got so enthused with all the various branches I could do until I've decided to make a series of quilts with trees.  The quilt I'm showing to day started out as a test piece for how to arrange the branches and how to use some new jacquard metallic fabric paints.  I am auditioning the fabric that is placed behind the piece so I can make a decision on just what I want for the outer border.  The other pieces are prospective quilts also.  I'm hoping to do a tryptich for hall or bedroom. 

I have also been making clothing for my self again.  Sun dress have been on my sewing table for a few weeks now.  I took the blue flowered skirt and added a blue bottom border to fit in with this years colorblocking trend. 


Machine embroidered leaves and shiva paint stick background
Trees are freezer paper templates to be painted over
Skirt revised to sundress


Auditioning outer fabric for borders.

I planted another bay laurel tree, and some rosemary.  The collards are all gone and I'm putting in tomatoes along with the garlic as soon as I finish some of my other projects.



2 comments:

  1. You've got it going on sistah! Love the trees...the first image makes me think a storm is coming and the bottom one makes me feel the storm has moved through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that it seems as if I have something going on, because sometimes I wonder what I am doing, or if I'm actually making any progress. Thanks

    ReplyDelete